FlightClub Freestyle Frame is Coming
*Image for this post is just a placeholder. It’s not the freestyle frame, that’s the Neutron.
It’s about time…sheesh! I know, I know, I’ve been delaying this for far too long.
Getting back to the roots of FPV flying. FPV racing can get pretty serious sometimes so we lose sight of what it’s all about. Freestyle FPV flying is all about having fun. Exploring abandoned warehouses, diving playgrounds/buildings, cruising with a flock of geese or long ranging in the mountains.
Goals for the Freestyle frame
- Of course everything will be protected
- Wide X arm pattern
- Easy to build
- Fun to build
- Top mount battery
- Protected FPV camera mount
- RX antenna mount
- Crossfire antenna mount
- can use standard or micro cameras
Here are the design features the frame has so far:
- Butter Mount – yup, this will help with getting that buttery smooth HD footage
- Easy to replace arms, 1 screw
- Different arm options – 5″, 6″ and 7″. Thinking about doing wide arms for individual ESC and skinny thick arms for 4in1 ESC builds
- Low profile
- Plenty of room for electronics but yet still easy to access and build
- Multiple mount locations for a GoPro: front, rear and bottom for sweet chase videos (will need to test)
I need your help!
The frame is about 50% designed so there’s still room for changes. I don’t do a lot of freestyle flying so I don’t know the problems or shortcomings with current freestyle frames.
Here’s where you can add your input in the FlightClub freestyle frame in the comments below
What are problems or things you don’t like about your current freestyle frame?
What features do want in a freestyle frame?
Tell me what your ultimate freestyle frame looks like. I will choose 10 readers to be testers of this prototype freestyle frame.
Thanks in advance!