FlightClub Typhon V7 5in.
- MultiGP Global Championship 2021 - Top Qualifying Time
- Very light and durable:
- Overall weight w/o TPU: 64g with 5" arms and 69g with 6"
- Made out of T700 carbon - 38.8% higher tensile strength
- Various arm options:
- 5"- snappier feel, more durable
- 6"- smoother feel, cleaner air
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE:
- 5 x 6mm short arms (5") / 5 x 6mm long arms (6")
- Regular / Long plates - long fit TMotor 60a, Foxeer Reaper Slim, Rush, Redux 60a
- 1 x 2mm top plate
- 1 x 2mm bottom plate
- 1 x 2mm middle plate with 20x20 mounting pattern and 6 preinstalled m3 press nuts
- 2 x 2mm arm locks
- 4 x M3 18mm flat head arm screws
- 2 x M3 10mm flat head center screws
- 4 x 20mm knurled standoffs
- 4 x 18mm hex socket stack screws
- 4 x 8mm hex socket top plate screws
- TPU (optional):
Open Source FPV 5"/6" Drone Racing Frame project initiated by SouthEastFPV - Rick Caudle AKA - SSBelmont.
The Typhon was born out of the need for a 6" light weight race frame that is durable and can compete with the fastest pilots in the world. This is a design concept SSBelmont came up and iterated on with Mason "Hyper" Lively as well as Randy "Gator" Jeppesen over the course of the 2021 season and this is the 7th version and it has turned out perfect. This frame allowed Mason to capture the Top Qualifying Time at the 2021 MultiGP Champs with Mason finishing in 5th (two mid-airs). Sp3cimen finished 3rd on this frame in the Sportsman Class and several others making it to the top 40 and next 40. The frame is 10-20g lighter than most other 6" race frames and with 5" arms it's lighter than bestselling 5" race frames on the market and surely more durable due to T700 carbon.
Top MultiGP Pilots currently flying this frame are Mason "Hyper" Lively, Alex "AlexFPV" Campbell, Tristan "TDog_FPV" Tefft, Joaquin "JboxFPV" Ybanez, Rick "SSBelmont" Caudle, Randy "Gator" Jeppesen, Ryan "MegaHurts" Davis, ProDangles, SolidFPV, CoryRC, Sp3cimen and several other pilots.
Typhon (/ˈtaɪfɒn, -fən/; Greek: Τυφῶν, [typʰɔ̂ːn]), was a monstrous serpentine giant and one of the deadliest creatures in Greek mythology. According to Hesiod, Typhon was the son of Gaia and Tartarus.